Sunday, March 2, 2014

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!!!!

I love Dr. Seuss. I am a huge fan and love all his books and movies. I love how he can create such vivid colors and corky buildings. I just love his art so of course, we had to create a piece of art in his honor. Now this is a lesson we started in the middle of last week and we will continue to work on these after our snow days. This will be for kindergarten thru 5th grade. It will just changed based on their grade level. We began drawing the cat in the hat using a face template and following teacher demonstration. We did this step with pencil. Then we passed out the sharpies and traced on top of our lines.










Once everyone was finished with their sharpies, we created a hat and a bow tie using construction paper.

Sorry they are turned the wrong way...=(
 In the following week, we will create a background based on books by Dr. Seuss. I cant wait to see these finished and I know that Dr. Seuss would be proud =)

No comments:

Post a Comment